Date Night Tips & Tricks
date night Tips & Tricks
Date night! An opportunity for fun and connection with each other. You’re already away from home at a new place, you’ve just had a full dose of relationship suggestions and tools, and you have the perfect opportunity to spend quality time with your True Love.
And tonight is a date with the "training wheels on"; that is, you have extra support from the day's activities, other blessed couples and the staff to take a risk and try something new.
Here are some tips and reminders to help take your evening to greater heights. There is also a chance to receive a special raffle prize (see scavenger hunt below)!
Tips for Being Romantic
Tips for Both
- Hold hands while you walk
- Rather than having expectations, be open to where the night leads
- Sit next to each other and snuggle up
- Sit across from each other, hold each other's hands and gaze into each other's eyes
- Make the night free of criticism
- Feed each other
- Try something new together
LEARN NEW THINGS ABOUT EACH OTHER
- If you could instantly have one skill, what would it be and why?
- When you were 6, what did you want to be when you grow up? When you were 12? When you were 18?
- When you were a kid what food did you not like? Do you like it now?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- What is a romantic thing that you’ve always wanted to try?
- What is a destination you’ve always wanted to travel to and why?
- If you could live in any time in history, what would you chose and why?
- What was your favorite holiday as a child?
- What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you when you were a teenager?
- If you could have any profession, with no limitations or training required, what would you be?
- If you could sit down for coffee with any person in history, who would it be with?
- If you had to be a color, what color would represent you?
- If you could have any super power, what would it be and why?
- If you could do anything, what would you do and why?
MAKE A DATE NIGHT PHOTO ALBUM
- Dress up and take a pic together, looking fly
- Order something you’ve never had before, and take a pic of that
- Pose in front of the hotel, at some nice location nearby, etc.
- Take another selfie, while making funny faces
- Take pics of each other (one or more for each spouse) when you are laughing
PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT RAFFLE OPPORTUNITY:
Take a picture of the following places or things, and show them to Leighton for three raffle tickets (per couple):
- a surfboard
- selfie with a seashell
- a seagull mid-flight
- a cool tree (or not that cool, it's up to you)
- a piece of fruit
- something colorful
- where the earth and sky meet
- between vertical lines
- something that represents your couple
- yourselves kissing
- get creative!